How can I run a program compiled with winelib when wine has b een uninstalled.

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 11:57:34 CST 2004

Hi Dimi,
--- "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> wrote:
> This is not a problem: your app has lots of dependencies anyway,
> wine will just be one of them. Gnome apps require the Gnome libs,
> they don't package those with each app, do they? :)

Right but...There are going to be problems with this untill WINE 1.0.
If the WINE server protocall or API changes the app will break. For the
time being the only solution would be to ship WINE with the app. Once
we have a 1.0 release of winelib this wont be a issue for any
applications linked to 1.x

Thanks
Steven