install default config files to $PREFIX/share/wine

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Jan 6 10:46:42 CST 2004

> Where do you want to have windows/ and windows/system/
> directory? In / of the UNIX filesystem, world writeable? :)

OK, fine, you have a point :)

But what I'm trying to say is that we can actually
get away with a static config of sorts. We don't
need a A: drive, it's mostly useless these days anyhow
(and can be accessed through other means anyhow).

Yes, we need C: to be writable and have the Windows
directories, which means it can't point to /. Fine.
So we'll need another one (Z is OK) to point to /.
For perfect usability however, we would need definitions
for CD drives ... So Alexandre seems to be right:
something at boot time needs to look for devices.

Or we can just have C: point to /, and install a
symlink into / for the Windows dir. But then we'll
have to always follow symlinks which can be a problem.
Darn!

--
Dimi.