Don't let cabinet Extract() crash IE

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Tue Jan 6 12:59:14 CST 2004

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 12:10 pm, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 17:59, Stefan Leichter wrote:
> > The pointer points to a structure like this:
> >
> > struct ExtractFileList {
> > 	LPSTR  filename;
> > 	struct ExtractFileList *next;
> > 	DWORD  unknown;  // always 1L
> > } ;
>
> Could the unknown be a boolean?
>
> > Did your start modifying/fixing the extract function for this item? If
> > not i will do it.
>
> No, I didn't, please do it :)
>
> thanks -mike

Just a wild guess -- might this unknown boolean be whether or not (1 meaning
"not," I guess) to "run" the extracted file?  This is one part of the
"standard" that is rather unclear (for example, what does "run" mean,
exactly, and who does the running?), so one never knows where it might pop
up, and it would make sense that real-world instances were "always" the
same...

Thanks for all these investigations; wish I was able to provide more help
right now, but I have very little time ATM.

-gmt