#pre5 - comdlg32 MS_VC + PSDK porting

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Jan 7 00:14:22 CST 2004

On January 6, 2004 03:17 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Building with MSVC headers will require changing the code to use
> macros everywhere we reference the nameless structs.

Man, oh man, this will greatly uglify things. Clearly, there is
no perfect solution to this problem, we'll have to make a tradeoff.
Now, I have tested nameless structs with gcc 2.96 (which comes
with RedHat 7.x), and they work just fine. I haven't tested with
any of the 2.95.x, but even if they don't work, it's been more
than 2.5 years since 3.0 hit the streets.

In other words, by now most people have upgraded from 2.95.x.
Apparently Dave Miller claims 2.95.x is still desirable on
Sparc, but that's not that interesting for us. On the other
hand, being able to compile Wine with the PSDK brings real
value. We can not look back forever, 2.5 years is long enough.
For people who are hell bent to use 2.95, they can install
a newer gcc version in a different directory, and use that
to build wine. It's unpleasant, but not a big deal.

--
Dimi.