my patch is in neverland :-)

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Wed Jan 7 02:30:52 CST 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:27:36PM -0800, Duane Clark wrote:
> Tom wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I sent a 100k Status Update patch and its been
> >around 18 hours now and its still not showed up.
> >Is the moderator on strike? :))
>
> It probably was simply inadvertently deleted. I sift through an awful
> lot of spam (>100 per day per list, down from 150-200 at the end of last
> year), and it is certainly possible that I missed it.
>
> At one point, Jeremy was talking about implementing some Mailman spam
> filtering, and I would sure like to see that happen.

I am using a handmade filter script on a list I moderate, which just bounces
anything with X-Spam: yes.

/etc/alias file entry:

<list>:                     "|dropspam /etc/mail/smrsh/wrapper post <list>"

/etc/mail/smrsh/wrapper is the path to the mailman wrapper script.

dropspam is:

	#!/usr/bin/perl

	$inheader = 1;
	$header = "";

	while (<STDIN>) {
		if ($inheader && /^$/) {
			open(OUTPUT,"|" . join(" ", at ARGV)) || die "cannot open output: $!";
			print OUTPUT $header;
			print OUTPUT $_;
			$inheader = 0;
			next;
		}
		if (!$inheader) {
			print OUTPUT $_;
			next;
		}
		if (/^x-spam: yes$/i) {
			exit 67;
		}
		$header .= $_;
	}
	close(OUTPUT);
	exit 0;

(It slurps in the header, if it does not like it, it exit 67; , otherwise
 it passes the header and the mail one.)

You could also adapt it to bounce everything with SpamScore >= 10 or similar.

Ciao, Marcus