Mouse up vs Mouse click

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 8 05:19:06 CST 2004

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 11:23:56 +0100, you wrote:

> Could somebody explain me (or direct me to info) how this should work
> in general? I mean even on Windows, when is something a click and
> when a down/up or down/click? I know that a too slow double-click will
> be two separate clicks, but I'm uncertain about the down/up events.

This is what I know of it: the translations happen in the
PeekMessage/GetMessage calls. If you follow the logic in
windows/message.c, you see that the raw hardware messages are processed
several times, and that a simple hardware message like mouse button up
or down can lead to several others. Not only clicks/double clicks but
also WM_SETCURSOR, WM_PARENTNORIFY, WM_ACTIVATE* and other (especially
hooks) message that may come with a mouse click are generated there.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl