Wineconf update, RFC re remote participation

Brian Vincent (C) VincentB at coppercolorado.com
Thu Jan 8 13:26:01 CST 2004

> p.s.  If someone out there is thinking:  of course you could do that,
> if would be trivial if you just did 'X', please feel free to share X
> with me.  Otherwise, we'll have to investigate the open pbx project
> and the possibility of getting some Quicknet cards...

I have an 8 port conference bridge we can use.  Unfortunately
I can't provide toll free access.  It will be long distance from
MN too because I can't bring the PBX.

If there's going to be more than 8 callers, I have another bridge
available that will accomodate 32.  I prefer not to use that one
though.

The neat solution would be to use the asterisk.org software to set
up a PBX with a SIP stack.  Then international folks could just use
the Internet to participate.  I've never used Asterisk though, so
it's hard to say how much work would be involved setting that up.
Is there a local LUG that would be willing to set something like
that up?  I imagine there's some geek in MN with all the equipment
in his closet.

-brian