Fwd: Re: [Discuss] Crossover Office with Microsoft Publish '97

Jesse Hammons jessehammons at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 13:06:29 CST 2004

Does anybody know the basic problem with Microsoft Publisher '97 not
working with wine?  I'm willing to debug it a bit, but I want to find
out how big of a project it is first.  Or maybe somebody else is
working on this already?

Publisher '97 loads files and seems to almost complete functionality on
my system.  Unfortunately I can't click on any UI elements and keyboard
events aren't processed.  Someone seems to have even gotton Publisher
2000 to work (there is a workaround posted in the application
database).  However this fix doesn't work on Publisher '97.  I would
like to patch this, especially if it is relatively straightforward to
do so.

What kind of logging can I turn on to find out what is happening to the
mouse/keyboard events, etc.

Thanks,
-Jesse