shell32 patches to be usable by ReactOS Explorer

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sun Jan 11 16:06:34 CST 2004

"Martin Fuchs" <martin-fuchs at gmx.net> writes:

> Yes, I am aware of that.
> This patch is the result of four weeks work (not only of me), spending
> most of the time with debugging, as most of those stuff is pretty
> undocumented by Microsoft. It's not possible to simply look at the
> ReactOS CVS history to separate out patches for every small piece
> of change. If you want me to send in it this way, this would take
> me another week. I don't think, it's worth that.

I'm afraid you'll have to do that. There's no way I can put that patch
in as is, it's way too big and doing way too many different things. It
also has a number of ugly hacks that will have to be cleaned up.
Please submit small self-contained patches that do only one thing,
with a changelog explaining what they do.

I know it's a pain, but the real solution for next time is to submit
things as soon as they are done, instead of waiting a month and then
sending a huge patch that cannot possibly be reviewed.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com