shell32 patches to be usable by ReactOS Explorer

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Mon Jan 12 02:33:21 CST 2004

On 12.01.2004 01:41:45 Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> "Martin Fuchs" <martin-fuchs at gmx.net> writes:
>
> > Mhh - could you please tell me which "ugly hacks" you are speaking of?
>
> From a quick look at the patch, what I noticed is mostly the ifdefs
> and other various disabling/commenting out of parts of the code.

We had to disable some calls to internal functions, which are only exported
from WINE, no real Windows OS.

> There are also a number of unneeded whitespace changes that make the
> patch larger than it should be.

Yes, I tried to make some functions I had to alter a bit more readable.
What about running a pretty printer, for example astyle (http://astyle.sourceforge.net/)
on the whole code (or at least the shell32 directory) ?
Some sections are currently indented with 2, some with 4 and some with
8 spaces - even mixed in the same function.

Regards,

    Martin