slight trouble running winetests under windows

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Jan 13 11:43:32 CST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Hans Leidekker wrote:
[...]
> Let's see if I can sum up the issues. In Wine uuids are put in
> a lib called libwine_uuid. It's called like that because a
> libuuid already exists. Second thing is that in MinGW and MSVC
> there are two separate libraries with uuids, uuid and dxguid,
> whereas in Wine they're all in one.

I think we should split the GUIDS into two libraries in Wine:
libwine_uuid and libwine_dxguid, though it probably would not help with
this particular problem. However this should let msvcmaker generate the
right set of import libraries (currently it hard-codes the list of .lib
files to link to, including uuid.lib but not dxguid.lib).

For MinGW it would be harder though. This is using the crosstest target
in the regular makefiles, right?
Maybe a `echo $LIBS | sed s/libwine_/lib/` ?

What was your proposal already? Do you know why it was rejected?

                         Stolen from an Internet user:
              "f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng !"