slight trouble running winetests under windows

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Tue Jan 13 16:51:45 CST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> The current problem is that Wine itself is not built with winegcc so
> this doesn't help.

Right. For some reason I've read winetest and understook winemaker :)
Sorry for the confusion. But we could build the tests with winegcc
right now, no? And programs/* as well. We can't deal with DLLs in
winegcc, I'm a lazy bum, I admit :/

> A possibility could be to rename the library to
> libuuid but install it in /usr/lib/wine to avoid conflicts. This will
> require winegcc and winemaker to set the correct library path, but
> they already have to do that for import libs anyway.

Yes, we can do that, but it introduces a _little_ inconsistency.
Even though you could argue it's not a big deal since this is a
static lib, so ld is not concerned with it. Anyway is good.

--
Dimi.