Solaris specific configuration

Robert Lunnon bobl at optushome.com.au
Wed Jan 14 23:24:31 CST 2004

On Thursday 15 January 2004 06:57, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Robert Lunnon <bobl at optushome.com.au> writes:
> > Changelog
> > Autodetection of XFREE86 as required for Solaris.
>
> This should be done in configure, assuming it is really necessary. Why
> can't we use the standard Xlib?

It would be nice but there is a bug in Solaris XLib that wine tickles so for
the moment you need to use a third party XLib. Hence LD_OPTIONS must be set
to serch /usr/X11R6/lib first.

configure does detect Xfree86 but Xsun gets used by default where both are
present. This is a very common configuration. Since configure has strictly
the correct default behaviour (aside from the fact it doesn't work) I wanted
to override it in wineinstall rather than get autoconf to prefer Xfree86!
Ultimately I am hoping Sun will follow my advice and fix their xlib. It could
also be due to the threding implementation using _lwps which aren't
guaranteed safe

Besides wineinstall already had a section to add os specifics I just automated
mine and thought it'd be a useful addition.