Unicode and CP_SYMBOL question. [?? Probable Spam]

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Thu Jan 15 02:20:28 CST 2004

"Rein Klazes" <rklazes at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Wine's implementation of MultiByteToWideChar() does something quite
> complicated based on standard unicode tables and returns Unicode
> characters in all kind of ranges.
>
> The loop above is basically what Win2K's charmap.exe does. Of course it
> does not properly display symbol fonts like "Symbol".
>
> Is there any reason why in this case MultiByteToWideChar should not do
> w = c + 0xf000 ?

Wine is using the following source for its Symbol to unicode map:
ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/ADOBE/symbol.txt

Apparently Windows uses something different. Probably we have to change
our internal map for Symbol encoding since we are doing already something
similar to your findings in dlls/gdi/freetype.c,FT_UInt get_glyph_index().

--
Dmitry.