Implement LockWindowUpdate [take 3]

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jan 15 23:43:57 CST 2004

Mike Hearn <mike at theoretic.com> writes:

> I hit Google and found a page describing how to reduce flickering in
> FrontPage by writing a utility VB app using LockWindowUpdate and
> FindWindow, so clearly my initial implementation was wrong and this does
> need server support. The resultant code is also cleaner I feel.

Yes it's much better. Now the problem is that the rest of the code
won't be able to cope with it: in order to make sure painting always
happens correctly, you will need to invalidate all the DCEs concerned
by the window, to make sure all the update regions are recomputed
correctly. Unfortunately this can't be done inter-process at the
moment...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com