Try using the Mozilla Active X control in MSHTML

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Fri Jan 16 00:37:59 CST 2004

Le ven 16/01/2004 à 01:23, Dimitrie O. Paun a écrit :
> On January 16, 2004 01:06 am, Mike McCormack wrote:
> > Since some people have been complaining that MSHTML is a useless
> > distraction in it's current form (there's some element of truth in
> > that), here's a small patch to redirect calls to Mozilla's Active X
> > control.  You need to add a "mshtml"="builtin,native" override in the
> > config file and download and install the control before this patch can
> > try to use it:
> >
> > http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm
>
> Very nice Mike! I guess this requires a Win32 build of Mozilla, no?
> Anyway, if the patch goes in, it would be nice if our good packagers
> can come up with a binary package (say, wine-mozilla?) that just
> installs alongside with the wine package and provides this capability.

The ActiveX control listed at the listed address is self-contained (but
still 5MB in size), so it's probably not much work to package it as
well.

Don't know when I could try something about it though, since Mozilla 1.6
has just been released and I'm involved with the French translation. And
Alexandre still hasn't committed it yet :P

Vincent