Try using the Mozilla Active X control in MSHTML

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 16:14:26 CST 2004

Hiya Mike,
--- Mike McCormack <mike at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Using Mozilla to implement IWebBrowser seems to be the Right Way for
> me,
> as the Mozilla project is already trying to do that themselves...
> it's a
> common goal that we can work together on!

Yes. We with ReactOS need this also. All three projects have a common
goal here.

> It would be pretty cool if we could compile Mozilla as a winelib app,
> or
> figure out how to do get debugging info out of the control so we
> could
> see what needs to be fixed for it to work.

Most of the hard part should be done for this if WineGCC is ready. You
can now build mozilla on Mingw as long as you disable MAPI and ActiveX.
Of course ActiveX will need to be fixed to allow the control to be
embedded.

> I'm pretty interested to work on this too, but unfortunately there's
> other "real work" that I need to get done at the moment.

Such is life. The ReactOS team will try to help on this soon. We have
Mozilla almost loading and are still stalled on TCP support atm. Once
we have this inplace we will be working with you guys on this.

Thanks
Steven