DPA_Create/Search may be missing

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Mon Jan 19 03:02:25 CST 2004

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>
> Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:
>
> > Or is there a way to keep the static ordinal import and still have
> > something that compiles with MSVC?
>
> Yes, you just need an MSVC version that has a correct import lib (or
> copy the import lib from somewhere).

>The link fails with both the Visual C++ 6 import library, and the one
>from the very latest Microsoft SDK (downloaded this week). So I'm not
>sure such a 'correct' import lib exists.
>
>But I must be missing something: if the function is exported by ordinal
>only, how is the linker supposed to know that 328 is DPA_Create?

The import lib does export fully named symbols for ordinal DLL exports
with the exception of those few functions which according to my under-
standing are not there or just a crazy thought: maybe there is a COMCTL_328
function in there??

Nope it doesn't seem to! I can however see a _DPA_Search symbol in the
import lib from Platform SDK Feb 2003. No _DPA_Create and _DPA_GetPtr
though.

Wine does the same for the import libs created from the spec files, or
doesn't it?

Rolf Kalbermatter