Wine release 20040121

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jan 22 12:51:47 CST 2004

Boaz Harrosh <boaz at hishome.net> writes:

> I follow the wine mailing list every work day. I even went back on
> these messages I did not read. I cannot find that patch.
> Alexandre Please?
>   Elaborate a little about that fix. What do we do now? Just remove
> the wrapper and run? nothing to do in the Makefiles?
> Please also explain in a few words the technology behind it. (GCC that is).

The wrapper is no longer necessary, but you need to use the -init and
-fini link options in your Makefile. If you are using winegcc it's
done automatically; winemaker hasn't been fixed yet so if you use that
you'll need to add the options yourself, by copying the relevant bit
from the wine configure.

The way it works is that the -init option changes the ELF entry point
so that the constructors are not called at dlopen time. They are
explicitly called later on by the winebuild-generated Windows entry
point so that everything is done in the right order.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com