WWN#206

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 23 09:30:01 CST 2004

Hi,

> Mike wondered why the end of 1998 seemed so productive.
> Rein felt two factors might have had a hand it: in October
> CVS mistakenly reported the same commit more than once,
> however at time Corel was actively working on Wine and
> there geniunely were a lot of commits.
>
> Note - this graph does not reflect the size of the Wine
> source code. It's only the commits. Anyone want to produce
> a graph of how much has been added? I think it would be
> interesting to see the trend.

You can find it here:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/~wijn/wine/cvssize.png

Notes:

- All files in the cvs wine tree are included, not just the sources.
- I excluded the (libs/)unicode directory. That is almost 5 MByte of
mostly generated source files creating an ugly step in an otherwise
smooth curve.
- The trend quite accurately represents the growth in the first 3 years.
The last 2 years the rate of growth is clearly increasing.
- The number of cvs commits in October '98 was corrected to 258 commits.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl