Debugging problem

Frank Schruefer frank.schruefer at t-online.de
Fri Jan 23 15:58:50 CST 2004

> sample error message:
> No debug information in 32bit DLL 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\USER32.DLL' (0x40690000)

 From thread 'Need help debugging' Jan 15 with aswer from Mike Hearn:

 >> 2. How to compile debug information into the 32bit DLL's so I don't get
 >>     'No debug information in 32bit DLL' anymore and maybe some better info?
 >>     I tried 'configure --enable-debug && make depend && make && su -c "make install"' to
 >>     no avail.

They have debugging info in, but unfortunately there has been breakage in
the debugger recently which has not yet been fixed in CVS. This is very
bad  EricP sent a patch here which works great for me and fixed all my
debugger problems, try looking in the archives for Jan and December
looking for it (it was sent to wine-devel not wine-patches iirc).

For now try setting WINELOADER to the path to your actual wine binary
(wine-pthread)

Eric, could you please submit that patch? Even if it's not correct, having
the debuggers out of action like this is causing big problems.