[Mono-winforms-list] Fw: [Mono-list] System.Windows.Forms plans.

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 23:22:24 CDT 2004

Paul,

--- Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> PDB might not be able to fuss, but I will. I recently asked about a
> way to figure out which version of Wine is in use at run-time because
> of the recent changes to wine_init()'s prototype. Alexandre appeared
> quite adamant that he was against introducing any such mechanism.
>
> Wine has a bit of a problem with the Mono project and our much
> smaller
> FST project to support VST win32/x86 plugins on linux. It has
> previously been a self-contained project that did not provide
> libraries, and whose internal API was not accessed by anyone or
> anything outside of Wine itself. It now is being used by (at least) 2
> projects as a *library*, and it can either accept that role - which
> implies providing (at least) runtime version info - or reject it,
> which would be a great shame.

You are asking for stable interfaces and those can only come once there
is a Wine 1.0. Its not here and dont get me wrong I think the Wine TODO
list is way to long and things should be close to frozen by now but
thats not the case. All you are doing is pointing out that its not
stable which is well known. I wish it was stable now but its not and
until the TODO is done its not going to be.

Thanks
Steven