Pango for BiDi

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Fri Jul 2 06:19:42 CDT 2004

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 11:00:37 +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Pango uses fribidi for it's bidi. As fribidi doesn't do shaping, I'm not
> sure where pango's shaping comes from. It may be an add-on.

Pango shapers are plugin modules written specifically for Pango, iirc.

> The really sad thing here is that ICU really has everything we need.
> It's just that it's too simple for people to compile wine without it,
> that is the problem.

OK. Well, that can be solved by WineHQ providing high quality binary
packages that work anywhere. When I get around to this (maybe in a few
months) I'll let you know and you can kick me if I get ICU
integration wrong :)

thanks -mike