winedbg crashes

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 07:03:20 CDT 2004

Hi Eric,

<cc'd to wine-devel so anyone with a similar problem can google for
the fix>

> no, it's normal you get this. In fact, we should simply abort the
> Does this work better ?

I can't test it unfortunately, but it looks like the right thing to
do. I asked on bugs at binutils and was told to upgrade to binutils 2.15
to fix the bad stab generation. Sure enough, this fixes the issue
(which means I can't duplicate this behaviour any more). It also
fixed a bunch of other random crashes in my app; There were obviously
some needed fixes for huge (40 MB in this case) .so generation.

So perhaps printing a message to upgrade binutils to >=2.15 when the
stabs are found to be corrupted would be appropriate? I'm not sure
how prevalent this version is in the wild (my mdk 10 community uses
2.13).

I'm investigating now to see if debugging works as expected (so far,
so good)

Thanks,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com