Fw: [Mono-list] System.Windows.Forms plans.

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Jul 2 08:40:31 CDT 2004

>I really feel that yes we should support Wine as a library, and that means
>making the APIs we export stable ASAP. I especially think we should stop

I don't think this is necessary. The functionality that Wine offers is
significant enough that developers like myself and Torben (I don't
know about the Mono/SWF guys) would probably be willing to put up with
frequent API changes. But I can't do that when there is no way for me
to discover the correct prototype for wine_init() or some of the very
limited number of other internal wine functions we need to call.

Stable APIs - if you want. Accurate and useful version information -
can't live without it.

>I really think we should make another attempt to work together on this one
>- last time Paul raised the issue of wine_init changing its prototype
>(which caused them pain), Alexandre actually reverted the change. Too late
>in some respects, the damage was already done, but I think it's wrong to

Perhaps more to the point, I didn't even know that he had done this!

--p