Building Wine on a 64 Bit Machine

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 4 14:51:34 CDT 2004

Hi Matt,

--- "Gamel, Matthew R" <mrgamel at neo.tamu.edu> wrote:
> I am currently attempting to build Wine-20040615 on an AMD Athlon 64
> system.
> When I attempt to actually build the software, I am told that I need
> implement interlocked functions for my CPU - I am not sure how to
> implement
> them myself but am wondering if anyone else has done so. Any help or
> advice
> would be appreciated. Thanks!

The assmbly code for the x86-64 is similar to the standard x86. AMD
just extended the CPU a bit by adding extra regsiters and such. A
google search should tell you what changes you need to make to adapt
the 32bit x86 asm code to support x86-64. You may even be able to just
add support for x86-64 to the existing code.

Thanks
Steven