bug in redhat 9 RPMs

James Gregory james at linuxaus.com
Sun Jul 4 23:44:07 CDT 2004

Hi all,

apologies if this isn't the right place to post. I installed the RedHat
9 RPMs from sourceforge (followed the link from winehq.org -> downloads)
and discovered that the permissions on /usr/lib/wine and /usr/share/wine
(the directories, not their contents) were 700, which prevented normal
users from using Wine. I changed the permissions so it's not a problem
for this particular install, but it's probably not expected behaviour.

Unfortunately I don't have any real way of checking if it's a system
specific problem, or an issue with the RPMs themselves. I'm happy to
supply any info needed to debug it.

Thanks,

James.
--