Precompiled headers?

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Jul 5 08:48:06 CDT 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 08:10:56AM +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone considering putting precompiled headers support into the wine
> build system?
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Precompiled-Headers.html#Precompiled%20Headers

All I know is that someone should probably do it.

Using gcc 3.4, I've managed to cut the build time of my project to one
*tenth* of what it used to be (9 seconds vs. 1m27s), simply by precompiling
the one most widely used and biggest "all-inclusive" header file.

I might also choose to do it, however I've got some other quite important
patch to be done soon.

Andreas Mohr