Initial creation of directory and config with ttydrv

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Thu Jul 8 23:19:29 CDT 2004

Vincent Béron wrote:

>Le jeu 08/07/2004 à 08:03, Shachar Shemesh a écrit :
>

>>Wine won't run if it is set to use the X11drv driver, and there is no
>>X11 display. Then again, the only way I can tell it to use the ttydrv is
>>by placing a config file in the .wine directory, which does not exist
>>until I run wine once.
>>

>I suppose it's a headless server/workstation. Would using ssh X
>forwarding be possible for initial run?

Actually, it's a little more complicated than that. I am creating the
initial config from an RPM, giving the winehq RPM as a dependancy. For
the time being, I solved this problem by having my RPM create a new user
(which it has to anyways), and copy over a complete .wine directory.
However, I'm afraid that if things change in the future, the config may
no longer work as it does. For that reason, I would really prefer to
have the vanilla config auto-created, and then just add the files and
registry necessary for my application.

>Else, unless you modify the default value in the source code for ttydrv
>to be the default value, I don't see another solution than copying the
>config from, eg., /etc/wine/wine.conf (I think the default is
>${prefix}/etc/wine.conf), modifying the "GraphicsDriver" value while
>copying (sed is your friend here).

But what about the initial directories? dosdevices? windows/system etc.?

>Note that some of the DX dlls will have problems registering (via
>wine.inf) with ttydrv. Ove has a patch for his debian packages to work
>around that issue (which I also use for RH packages).

Like I said, that's what I'm using anyways.

>Vincent

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh