D3D8_GetCreationParameters fix

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Fri Jul 9 13:51:36 CDT 2004

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:14:31 -0400, Andrei Barbu wrote:
> Point is.. it works, it's compliant letter for letter with the MSDN
> docs, and it doesn't break anything.

The easiest way to advance this is to write a simple test case which gets
an instance of that object and then calls it with a bad pointer - does it
crash?

A test case can be written in C pretty quick, the hard part is (a)
compiling it as an EXE file, and (b) locating a suitable Windows machine
to run it on.

OK so you would not think b is hard given that 95% of the worlds
computers run Windows, but often it can be anyway especially if you don't
have Windows yourself :)

So, because I have some XP boxes here, if you send me an EXE file I will
run it for you and let you know the results.

That leaves, how do I make an EXE file?

The best way is to install the mingw cross compiler package. It should be
available for your distro somewhere. It's in Debian and there are RPMs
lying around. If anybody knows the URL speak up!

The mingw headers are sadly quite incomplete, so you may need to compile
it with the Wine headers.

Good luck!

thanks -mike