RFC: OpenSSL vs NSS

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Jul 9 15:47:57 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 09:58:04AM -0700, Steven Edwards wrote:
> This stipulation seems to introduce a incompatibility with the GPL. For
> normal Wine this is not a big deal but if someone wants to make a
> Winelib application that is GPL or if I want to take Wines Wininet and
> Adavapi32 code in to ReactOS this presents a problem. Am I correct in
> reading it this way?

Well, from the FAQ on OpenSSL, they say that on Linux systems it should not
be a problem as OpenSSL is part of the 'base' system. No idea if RMS would
agree to that one though :-)

       Lionel

PS: and no, I won't ask RMS the question tomorrow when he passes in my town
    :-)

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/