wgl prototypes missing from wingdi.h

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Jul 14 13:45:04 CDT 2004

> Uhhh.  So should I file a bug report?

Well, it would be a nice way to prevent it falling out of my TODO list
(which is rather huge :-) ).

> I don't see where the conflict is.  I thought that wgl was Windows only.
>   What Linux headers will define prototypes that appear in wgl.h?

The problem is not with the wgl.h header, but with the other OpenGL headers
(GL/gl.h, GL/glext.h) which are almost the same between Windows and Linux.
except for the calling convention. And as you use Wine's OpenGL library, you
need to include a GL/gl.h file that defines this prototype with a 'stdcall'
convention (which you will not have when including Linux' GL include which
declares it as a 'cdecl' prototype). So Wine needs also to provide not only
wgl.h but also GL/gl.h and GL/glext.h.

Basically, it's a mess :-)

          Lionel

--