Make wine honor LC_CTYPE and LC_MESSAGES

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Jul 16 18:35:22 CDT 2004

Shachar Shemesh <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> writes:

> With my patch LC_CTYPE affects the "system default locale". LC_ALL,
> LANGUAGE (a mistake, I think, but couldn't convince Alexandre), and
> LANG affect the "user locale".

Actually I agree that LANGUAGE is a mistake. What your original patch
did was making the mistake even worse by adding LC_MESSAGES to the
mix, and that is what I objected too. I'm perfectly happy with not
taking LANGUAGE into account for the user locale, it should only be
used for the UI language, just like LC_MESSAGES.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org