urlmon missing InternetSecurityManager

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Mon Jul 19 07:56:12 CDT 2004

Jeroen Janssen wrote:

> Since I am new to this, I was wondering how I can create a stubbed
> implementation. As far as I can tell I need to :
> * update the urlmon.idl (add IInternetSecurityManager)

right

> * create a stubbed implemenation in dlls/urlmon/; making sure the stubbed
> interface also gets registered during 'wineprefixcreate'.

right... though you should only need to add an implementation of
URLMON_DllRegisterServerEx to make that work, assuming that wine.inf
already tries to register urlmon.dll

> Are there any (wine) pointers on implementing a new (stubbed) COM interface?

It's nice to have a test program (usually built on a windows machine) to
test your new interface.  Make sure you get the right number of methods
in the right order, with the right calling convention and arguments.
You need to implement IUnknown manually.  You probably want to reference
another piece of code that already implements a COM interface... there's
plenty in dlls/shell32 and dlls/ole32.  (eg. dlls/shell32/shelllink.c)

have fun,

Mike