COM outproc & CFProxy unhandled interface for IRunnableObject

Jeroen Janssen japj at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 23 11:37:21 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:

>CCing to wine-devel as the original reply will be forwarded soon too by
>Jeroen ..
>
>On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 17:58 +0200, Jeroen Janssen wrote:
>

>>I had a short look at the 'world of com' patch, and it looks like there
>>is something in there that implements the IRemUnknown stuff. Is there
>>any easy way to determine if/how this can be 'ported' to the current wine?
>>

>The "world of dcom" patch used to apply to WineHQ but it may not these
>days. Mike did a recent merge of it a month or two ago, maybe he has the
>latest copy?
>
>As to actually merging it into CVS, I'm not sure that's a good idea
>anymore. There's a lot of duplication there and we understand the code
>Marcus wrote better than Oves. Marcus is still a part of the project,
>whereas Ove basically isn't anymore. I think some of it is usable, and
>some of it is not, but merging it isn't a simple "make it apply cleanly
>and submit" I'm afraid.

Ok, that makes a lot of sense... I understand that things (architecture,
insights, etc) change over time.
Ofcourse you will want to have code in wine that 'everyone' is capable
of understanding (if only one person can understand what's happening
then something is very wrong).

In the mean time, I'm also going to try to see if I can run the example
correctly with winex (in order to see if it behaves correctly), however
it is ofcourse possible that other things will not work with winex, that
work ok with wine.. *sigh*
---
Jeroen