Is bugzilla worth keeping?

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 13:41:00 CDT 2004

Hi,

--- Ivan Leo Puoti <puoti at inwind.it> wrote:
> Of course we should keep it. It's a place to track bugs, and keep
> everything
> related to a non working application in the same place. And if we
> didn't have
> it, people would just flood the devel list with bug reports, or not
> report at
> all, and non of them seem a great idea. I've got a couple bugs fixed
> with
> bugzilla, and if wine will ever be finished then eventually all the
> bugs will be
> fixed. And not really we get messages on the patches list with
> patches that fix
> something in bugzilla. And it's a good place to send developers that
> aren't sure
> what to do next.

Yes sometimes if I am bored and looking for something to do I will
search bugzilla and pick a random bug that can either be fixed or needs
to be closed because it is fixed in a more recent CVS. So yes I would
say its still worth keeping.

Maybe we should look in to zeroing it out all of the old bugs and
starting over once we tag 0.9.

Thanks
Steven