Is bugzilla worth keeping?

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sun Jul 25 09:02:13 CDT 2004

I talked to Dimi, Lionel and Alexandre on IRC about this.

This is what they had to say:

Lionel didn't think it should be scrapped however he proposed a
system whereby bugs that didn't have any activity for two releases or
more would be automatically closed. If you wanted to keep a bug open
users would have to post reports of behaviour with current releases.

Dimi thought it should be kept as well, but thought the UI could be
improved a lot: for instance a mail based interface would be good. He
also thought a dedicated triage guy would be great.  Realistically
though that's not likely to happen anytime soon. Alexandre basically
agreed with this view, I think.

I don't have a strong opinion either which way ... I used to read
wine-bugs back when I worked only as a volunteer but usually people
come into IRC with apps they'd like to get working and I tended to do
that instead. I still do IRC "app on demand" type bugfixing
occasionally :)

thanks -mike