dinput.dll: mouse didn't work

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sun Jul 25 11:18:18 CDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 04:10:04PM +0200, Michael Schlüter wrote:
> Are keyboard and mouse handled within the same thread?

Well, depends of the game... I think that it could well use a Keyboard
device in one thread and a mouse device in another (for that, a +tid trace
is nice because it prefixes all non-relay traces with the thread id).

> Yes, KeyboardCallback is called with every key stroke.

So, if both are in the same thread (see up there how to check it), we must
have a problem somewhere. I once spent a lot of time looking at this code to
hunt for the bug in the 'no waitforevent' game, and from what I remembered,
I used the '+server,+hook' debug channels to see exactly how the 'hook' event
was propagated via the server. I would need to re-follow the code path to
refresh on this though :-)

> The games are called "Robin Hood – The Legend of Sherwood" and
> "Desperados - Wanted Death or Alive". Demos are available but I don't
> have the links handy.

No need, I have both Demos installed (and even have the actual Desperados
game itself). I will see if I can reproduce the bug here.

By the way, how did you manage to actually play Desperados ? On my version
of Wine, when I start either the demo or the game installer, it creates a
zero-size window on the screen ... which prevents me to actually start the
game or the installation. It works fine in Windows (it's one of those funky
non-square windows).

          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/