Invalid path L"c:\\WINDOWS" for L"windows" directory: does not exist

Andreas Davour ante at Update.UU.SE
Sun Jul 25 12:13:11 CDT 2004

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Stefan Munz wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> first this question should better be posted to the wine users mailing list
> (wine-users at winehq.org).

Thanks for mentioning it. I found this this via google and it seemed like
the right place. Now I know.

> Am Freitag, 23. Juli 2004 20:42 schrieb Andreas Davour:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I try to use wine v.20040505 on FreeBSD5.2 and I just get the error in the
> > subject line.
> >
> > I found another post about this and that OP was just told to check the
> > "dosdevices" directly, since I have such a directory and I don't get any
> > closer to a solution by staring uncomprehending at the files I thought
> > maybe someone could give a wine newbie some more ideas on what to do?
> >
> > I didn't find any "C:" in that directory mentioned, and tried to make a
> > c: synlink to a new directory without any more success.
>
> usually your fake windows drive is in /home/username/.wine/fake_windows this
> is where your symlink C: in the dosdevices dir should point to.

I've tried that now, it looks like it now is searching for a "temp"
directory as well. I didn't get a "fake windows" when installing, but got
one from a friend. I'm beginning to suspect something is broken with the
FreeBSD port. I'll try to check with that maintainer.

Thanks for your help, now I'm on track debugging the problem.

/andreas