Non-working patch for 3GB of memory allocation

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Mon Jul 26 16:30:50 CDT 2004

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Shachar Shemesh <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> writes:
>

>>I think there is one zero too many here. Did you mean 0780000?
>>

>No, 78000000. Check loader/Makefile.in.

Saw it. Didn't understand it, but that will have to wait until tomorrow,
I guess. Half past midnight is too late to start RTFMing.

http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/ntdll/virtual.c#L373 says otherwise.

> And yes, to use the lower
>1Gb we need to manage this ourselves, or fix the kernel memory
>allocation algorithm. Fixing the kernel is a lot easier.

Surely you mean "technologically easier", right?

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.