change the nt service pack version from 6 to 6a, correct win2k3 name

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Jul 28 04:55:23 CDT 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:39:30AM +0200, Ivan Leo Puoti wrote:
> I'm not 100% sure this patch is correct, please let me know if it isn't.
> BTW at line 342 of dlls/ntdll/version.c I read /* FIXME: Not sure, should be
> verified with a Win2K3 dll */
> how can this be verified?
Easy, take several W2K3 system DLLs and kick them through winedump
(or pedump.exe) to verify whether their
RtlImageNtHeader(hmod)->OptionalHeader.MajorOperatingSystemVersion
value (i.e. their MajorOperatingSystemVersion value) is 7 like
our Wine code assumes here.
Otherwise you'll have to find out other characteristic
DLL version number differences of these DLLs compared to WinXP
to be able to properly return the WIN2K3 version for these AND ONLY these...

Andreas Mohr