winetests/winrash

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Jul 28 21:22:34 CDT 2004

The winetests are testing windows behavior.  Ideally they should all pass on
wine and under windows.  Winrash runs these winetests.  It gets a script file
from a script on winehq.org that creates the script based on the current
version of winrash and the winetests that the client has already run.  The
winetests are updated whenever tests change and these updates are sent to the
winehq script so it can command the winrash clients to download and execute
them.

Right now the test results can be found at http://test.winehq.org/data/  An
improved site for querying and displaying results was planned but hasn't been
implemented yet.

I wouldn't mind adding a systray icon.  I wasn't really sure how that was
supposed to be done.  I tried having the service add a systray icon without
much success, I don't believe services can interact with the desktop.  That
may mean that a separate winrash monitor may have to be written that
communicates with the service.  It would be nice to have a systray icon
running although I'm not sure how to implement it or whether I'd have the
time to do so.  I'll gladly assist in any development work though.

Chris