Wine and locales

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jul 29 00:13:15 CDT 2004

"Dmitry Timoshkov" <dmitry at baikal.ru> writes:

> I like the idea of moving that setting to the config file. We can't
> use existing unix locale settings except LC_ALL and LANG because
> every user's system might have (and does have) very different locale
> settings, we can't assume that everyone out there configures locale
> in the same way.

I don't see how the settings would be different, surely LC_CTYPE is
always going to control the ASCII->Unicode mapping on Unix, so why
shouldn't it do that on Wine?  If the issue is that users change their
setup without understanding the results, then surely adding even more
config parameters that they need to get right is not going to improve
the situation.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org