WineHQ:service.cgi: fix winrash option

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Jul 29 00:54:57 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:51:58PM -0400, Kevin Koltzau wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 July 2004 04:36 pm, chmorgan at charter.net wrote:
> > Your help is much appreciated.  This is a tricky issue it seems as SF isn't always reliable for downloads...
>
> Gentoo handles this situation fairly well, it simply uses a URL format 'mirror://sourceforge/project/file'
> and has a small database of sourceforge base urls that are tried in a round robbin until all are attempted
> or the file is successfully downloaded. Possibly a solution similar to this may work for us

I still don't understand why we need all this complication. All you need to do is to have a
*private* list of such mirrors, and to simply poll them after uploading until you can
successfully download the file from one of them. At that point, use that mirror's address
to publish the release on WineHQ.

--
Dimi.