WineHQ:service.cgi: fix winrash option

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Thu Jul 29 01:26:05 CDT 2004

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:51:58PM -0400, Kevin Koltzau wrote:
>

>>On Wednesday 28 July 2004 04:36 pm, chmorgan at charter.net wrote:
>>

>>>Your help is much appreciated.  This is a tricky issue it seems as SF isn't always reliable for downloads...
>>>

>>Gentoo handles this situation fairly well, it simply uses a URL format 'mirror://sourceforge/project/file'
>>and has a small database of sourceforge base urls that are tried in a round robbin until all are attempted
>>or the file is successfully downloaded. Possibly a solution similar to this may work for us
>>

>I still don't understand why we need all this complication. All you need to do is to have a
>*private* list of such mirrors, and to simply poll them after uploading until you can
>successfully download the file from one of them. At that point, use that mirror's address
>to publish the release on WineHQ.

Actually, running a gentoo mirror myself (il1.rsync.gentoo.org), the way
gentoo handles the mirrors is to sync the distro several days in advance
with permissions preventing anyone (except us :-D ) from getting it, and
then rsyncing just the permission change.

This allows more or less simultaneous release on all mirrors.

                Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.