Request for winetesting volunteers

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Jun 3 09:36:18 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 09:59:20AM -0400, chmorgan at charter.net wrote:
> I think we should switch the winrash id field from the users first
> and last name to an email address we can contact the user at.
> There are a few odd errors that I'd like to get more information
> about but its difficult to contact people via their first and last name.

This is why I have asked people to send a small note to wine-devel,
but it seems that nobody bothered. So yes, I agree that the email
would be good, but not as the ID, the reports will be much uglified
(the names are already a bit long right now).

The way to do it (I think) is to ask for the email address as a
separate field during the install, and include it in the metadata
that winetest is sending back (through another switch; we should
have a -M switch that just appends metadata to the one already
bundled with winetest, this would allow us to include dynamic
stuff, like this email address).

--
Dimi.