Request for winetesting volunteers

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Jun 3 16:12:47 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 10:56:51PM +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> We could easily chop those long tags to 6-7 chars.  Shall we?

Yes, we should because ATM we don't control them, and we can
not allow unlimited strings in there. But 6-7 is a bit drastic.
Looking at current result, even 20 chars is still OK. For example
we have:

DimitrisKoukoravas JackHollingworth

we can't quite shorten these meaningfully. I'd have:
  1. Un upper limit of around 20-25 chars
  2. Maybe a smart splitter that would split the ID's at
     capitalization points:

	Dimitris	Jack
	Koukoravas	Hollingworth
  3. Decrease the font size even more. Right now it's <small>,
     but we can do a <font size=-5> or somesuch.

> Do you mean something like -M key:file or -M key=value?
> I agree that something like this should probably be added.

Yes, something like that. I'm not sure we need a key/value
syntax (do we?), even just -M string would do. But if all
metadata is in the key,value format, sure, -M key=value
would be great.

--
Dimi.