Blizzard Updater Problem

Erich Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Sat Jun 5 15:38:10 CDT 2004

I haven't been able to get the blizzard updater to run on recent
versions of wine (I've downloaded from CVS to make sure there isn't a
fix).  I'm not sure if this is something wrong with my setup or a bug
with wine (i recently reinstalled my system with Fedora Core 2 and am
no-longer running the same version of wine).  I'm executing programs
with "setarch i386 wine <appname>" but the blizzard updater seems hosed
(though Diablo II and Warcraft III run fine).  It appears that the
updater doesn't launch correctly (i'm guessing because of the setarch
stuff) so I run the updater manually by typing "setarch i386 wine
BNupdate.exe" and I get this:

fixme:msvcrt:_XcptFilter (-1073741819,0x5584f76c)semi-stub
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x55609ec4,1) - no error checking
or testing yet
WineDbg starting on pid 0x8
Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit
code (0x558fc91c).
In 32 bit mode.
0x558fc91c: movl        $0x0,0x0(%eax)
Wine-dbg>quit
WineDbg terminated on pid 0x8

At which point I have to type quit to close the debugger (as you can
see).  Any help would be greatly appreciated, if you need more
information just send me a message.