[winemenubuilder] shell:SHELL32_DllCanUnloadNow (void): stub, WinMain failed

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Sun Jun 6 07:55:34 CDT 2004

Hello,

on 06/06/2004 12:03 PM, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 16:45:23 +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
>> Is this a 'wine' bug or a problem with my configuration?
> I think it's a Wine bug. wineshelllink is just out of date ... keeping the
> menu code working in the face of the change to the new menu system is a
> *lot* of work.
it's definitively a WINE bug: if I'm right (but I'm not a programmer),
the problem is near thess lines (at winemenubuilder.c:877 and following,
but I'm not sure as I modified it and I don't know how to get again the
CVS version):
=====
    r = IPersistFile_Load( pf, fullname, STGM_READ );
    if( SUCCEEDED( r ) )
    {
        /* If we something fails (eg. Couldn't extract icon)
         * defer this menu entry to reboot via runonce
         */
        if( ! InvokeShellLinker( sl, fullname ) && bAgain )
            DeferToRunOnce( fullname );
        else
            WINE_TRACE("Success.\n");
    }
=====

In fact, r isn't SUCCEDED.

'wineshelllink' is never called by 'winemenubuilder', as putting a
	printf("[function name]\n");
in every function of 'winemenubuilder' gives this output:
=====
luca at gismo:~/cvs/wine$ ./wine winemenubuilder \
	/home/luca/.wine/fake_windows/TreeView.lnk
WinMain
next_token
Process_Link
fixme:shell:SHELL32_DllCanUnloadNow (void): stub
err:menubuilder:WinMain failed to build menu item for \
	/home/luca/.wine/fake_windows/TreeView.lnk
luca at gismo:~/cvs/wine$
=====

So, if the above considerations are correct, this is a WINE bug. How to
fix it, at least to have 'wineshelllink' invoked by 'winemenubuilder'?
The successive related problems (keeping update the menu system and so
on) are secondaries (and I've already an idea about them).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca