Game Testing Update - 20040505

Mike Kost mike at tashcorp.net
Fri Jun 11 21:59:54 CDT 2004

Here a continuation of my game testing efforts. Same rules still apply in my
efforts: All games tested are freely available as demos or F/OSS games on the
Internet and they don't work right. I know 20040505 is showing its age, but
there isn't a 200406xx yet.

Since my last report:
- Bugzlla bugs #2128 & #2129 have closed. The problems were self-correcting
- 2 More Bugs Filed
- - #2276 - Screen refresh/redraw errors in Austerlitz demo
- - #2277 - Redraw/refresh errors for Remote Assault demo
- Stopped testing The War Engine. I don't want to juggle more than 4 programs
at a time and I want to pick up Galactic Civilization.

Austerlitz Summary
------------------
Bug #2276 is newly filed and the unhandled exception error is no longer
present.
There is still a screen redraw error

Full report:
http://www.tashcorp.net/Wine/Austerlitz/austerlitz-20040505.html

Dominions II
------------
No noticable change. Dominions II still has screen redraw errors and mouse
errors.

Full report:
http://www.tashcorp.net/Wine/DominionsII/dominionsII-20040505.html

Remote Assault
Remote Assault has started running but has several refresh/redraw errors.
There are several new 'err:ddraw' messages:
err:ddraw:set_render_state Unhandled dwRenderStateType ...
and
err:ddraw:Main_DirectDrawSurface_Lock  Invalid values in LPRECT !!!

Full report:
http://www.tashcorp.net/Wine/RemoteAssault/remoteassault-20040505.html